The federal Commission on Long-Term Care held its second public hearing on the topic: “Populations in Need of LTSS and Service Delivery Issues.” The hearing was held on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 1:30 pm EDT in SDG-50 Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington, DC
The Commission heard testimony from two panels of witnesses:
Panel 1: Diversity of LTSS Demand: Subpopulations and Their LTSS Needs
- David Braddock, Ph.D., Executive Director, Coleman Institute for Cognitive Disabilities
- H. Stephen Kaye, Ph.D., Assoc. Professor, University of California at San Francisco
- Kevin Martone, Executive Director, Technology Assistance Collaborative
- Robyn Stone, Ph.D. Executive Director, LeadingAge Center for Applied Research
Panel 2: Meeting LTSS Needs: Coordination of Care and Workforce Issues
- Randall S. Brown, Ph.D., Vice-President and Director Health Research, Mathematica
- Josephina Carbonell, Senior Vice-President, Independent Living Systems, LLC
- Lynn Feinberg, Senior Strategic Policy Advisor, AARP Public Policy Institute
- Joanne Lynn, M.D., Director, Altarum Center for Elder Care and Advanced Illness
- Carol Regan, Government Affairs Director, Paraprofessional Healthcare Institute
Testimony and Presentations:
Summary of National Trends: 2013 The State of the States in Developmental Disabilities
Testimony of David Braddock, Ph.D.
Non-Elderly People Needing Long-Term Services & Supports:
Testimony of H. Stephen Kaye, Ph.D.
Commission on Long Term Care Mental Health and LTC
Testimony of Kevin Martone
Care Coordination Programs for Improving Outcomes for High-Need Beneficiaries: What’s the Evidence?
Testimony of Randy Brown
Populations in Need of LTSS and Service Delivery Issues
Testimony of Lynn Feinberg, MSW