The federal Commission on Long-Term Care held its second public hearing on the topic: “Populations in Need of LTSS and Service Delivery Issues.” The hearing was held on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 1:30 pm EDT in SDG-50 Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington, DC
- July 17th Hearing View Here (Starts around 24 minutes into the video).
- Official Transcript
The Commission heard testimony from two panels of witnesses:
Panel 1: Diversity of LTSS Demand: Subpopulations and Their LTSS Needs
- David Braddock, Ph.D., Executive Director, Coleman Institute for Cognitive Disabilities
- H. Stephen Kaye, Ph.D., Assoc. Professor, University of California at San Francisco
- Kevin Martone, Executive Director, Technology Assistance Collaborative
- Robyn Stone, Ph.D. Executive Director, LeadingAge Center for Applied Research
Panel 2: Meeting LTSS Needs: Coordination of Care and Workforce Issues
- Randall S. Brown, Ph.D., Vice-President and Director Health Research, Mathematica
- Josephina Carbonell, Senior Vice-President, Independent Living Systems, LLC
- Lynn Feinberg, Senior Strategic Policy Advisor, AARP Public Policy Institute
- Joanne Lynn, M.D., Director, Altarum Center for Elder Care and Advanced Illness
- Carol Regan, Government Affairs Director, Paraprofessional Healthcare Institute
Testimony and Presentations:
Summary of National Trends: 2013 The State of the States in Developmental Disabilities
Testimony of David Braddock, Ph.D.
Non-Elderly People Needing Long-Term Services & Supports:
Testimony of H. Stephen Kaye, Ph.D.
Commission on Long Term Care Mental Health and LTC
Testimony of Kevin Martone
Care Coordination Programs for Improving Outcomes for High-Need Beneficiaries: What’s the Evidence?
Testimony of Randy Brown
Testimony of the Honorable Josefina Carbonell
Populations in Need of LTSS and Service Delivery Issues
Testimony of Lynn Feinberg, MSW
Testimony of Joanne Lynn, MD, MA, MS