The federal Commission on Long-Term Care held its third public hearing on the topic: “Strengthening Publicly and Privately Funded Long-Term Services and Supports.” The hearing was held on Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 8:30 am EDT in SD-562 Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington, DC.
The Commission heard testimony from four panels of witnesses. Links to the written testimony and presentations of the panelists are provided below:
Panel 1: Strengthening Medicaid LTSS
- Diane Rowland, MACPAC
- Patti Killingsworth, TennCare
- Gary Alexander, formerly Rhode Island Office of Health and Human Services
- Melanie Bella, CMS, Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office
Panel 2: Strengthening Medicare for LTSS
- Joseph Antos, American Enterprise Institute
- Barbara Gage, Brookings Institute
- Marilyn Moon, American Institute for Research
Panel 3: Strengthening Private Long-Term Care Insurance
- David Grabowski, Harvard Medical School
- Lane Kent, formerly Univita
- Jason Brown, US Treasury
- Bonnie Burns, California Health Advocates
Panel 4: Interaction of Insurance, Private Resources, and Medicaid
- Eric French, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Jeffrey Brown, University of Illinois
- Rich Johnson, Urban Institute
- Ellen O’Brien, formerly MACPAC
Testimony and Presentations:
What would strengthen Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports?
Testimony of Diane Rowland, Sc. D.
What would strengthen Medicaid LTSS
Testimony of Patti Killingsworth
Strengthening Medicaid LTSS
Testimony of Gary D. Alexander
What Would Strengthen Medicaid LTSS?
Testimony of Melanie Bella
Medicare’s Role in Financing Long-Term Care
Testimony of Joseph R. Antos, Ph.D.
Medicare and Long Term Care
Testimony of Marilyn Moon
Expanding Private Long-Term Care Insurance
Testimony of David C. Grabowski
Combination Long-Term Care Products
Testimony of Jason Brown
Medicaid Insurance in Old Age
Testimony of Eric French
Why is the Market for Long-Term Care Insurance so Small?
Testimony of Prof. Jeffrey R. Brown
Income and Wealth of Older Adults Receiving Long-Term Services and Supports
Testimony of Richard W. Johnson
Interaction of Insurance, Private Resources, and Medicaid: Assessing the Evidence
Ellen O’Brien, Ph.D.